Alexandra Mihai has a Master degree in European Studies from the University of Bonn, Germany and has been working as a researcher at the Institute for European Studies/VUB since 2007.
At the EDU, she has progressively developed the existing online EU modules, expanded the use of blended learning by developing webinars, and worked with colleagues to enhance the range of customised teaching and training offered to students and professionals alike.
As well as lecturing on key aspects of the EU (specifically EU institutions, the decision-making process, cohesion policy and multi-level governance), Alexandra has researched and published on both the conceptual and pedagogical underpinnings of technology-enhanced learning, which includes the methodology of teaching European Studies through a Blended Learning approach.
Alexandra is also facilitating workshops on teaching skills/ teaching Politics/ Blended Learning approach.
- Workshop on Blended Learning in social science at Humboldt University Berlin (December 2015)
- E-learning Educators Networking Session at Online Educa Berlin (December 2015)
- Workshop on e-learning curriculum development at the UACES Annual Conference in Bilbao, 2015
- Workshops on synchronous e-learning at the Euro TLC Conference in Maastricht (2014), UACES Student Forum in London (2014) and APSA Teaching & Learning Conference in Washington (2015)
- Workshop on interdisciplinary educational research at the European Distance and E-learning Network (EDEN) Workshop Oxford (2014)
- Workshops on e-learning in social science at the London Knowledge Lab (Institute of Education), University College London, Birkbeck College London and London Metropolitan University (2014-2015)
Profile and Publications
- Study at IES
- European Projects