SAVE THE DATE - Trump triumph: Critically catastrophic or overly ominous for the EU?
The election of Donald Trump as 45th president of the United States came as a shock to the world. Not in the least to the European continent, where it has filled many minds with fear and uncertainty, as well as with a multitude of questions. Some even predict the end of the EU. What will be the consequences of Trump’s triumph for the transatlantic security relationship and the geopolitical role of Europe? How will it affect the global struggle against climate change? Will there be a major shift in worldwide trade?
The Institute for European Studies’ senior experts will provide guidance during an interactive, multidisciplinary debate on 23 November 2016 at lunchtime.
Panellists will be:
· Karel De Gucht, on trade issues
· Sebastian Oberthür, on environmental issues
· Alexander Mattelaer, on security / NATO issues
· Christian Kaunert, on anti-terrorism / migration issues
· Harri Kalimo, Chairman of the panel
To register, please fill in the online registration form.
- Study at IES
- European Projects