Tuition & Scholarships
The tuition fee (including the examination fee) for the academic year 2013-2014 has been set at 4950 EUR. The fee includes the costs for photocopies, casebooks and a study trip.
Foreign students must make their own arrangements to be covered by health insurance, valid during their stay in Belgium.
The administration of the LLM in International and European Law will not be able to extend any financial support, with the exception of the below noted tuition waiver, to a student, arriving at the Programme without having secured the minimum amount for living expenses necessary for the full period of the academic year. However, a number of internal and external scholarships might be available.
The programme itself offers a number of scholarships that take the form of a reduced tuition fee. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of merit and demonstrable need. Students have to apply for the tuition waiver when submitting their application for the programme.
The Vrije Universiteit Brussel yearly awards a number of scholarships for advanced studies at Master or Advanced Master level. However, candidates must above all explore the possibilities of obtaining financial assistance in their home countries. For more information, please see the Vrije Universiteit Brussel's webpage 'financing your studies'.
Other scholarships may be available from the following sources:
- Rotary Foundation Fellowships may be available. Candidates should contact the Rotary Foundation within their district.
- Within the framework of bilateral cultural agreements concluded by Belgium or the Flemish Community, fellowships are offered to students in a number of countries. Interested students should inquire directly with the relevant Ministry in their home country or the Belgian Embassy.
- The Belgian office for Development Co-operation also awards fellowships for students from countries which are included on their list of developing countries. For information, contact the Belgian Embassy or Consulate in your country.
U.S. students can apply for
- Fulbright-Hays Fellowship
- Commission for Relief in Belgium Fellowships (Belgian American Education Foundation)
- Post-graduate fellowships of the Flemish Community
For further financing and scholarship opportunities, please consult the university’s website.
- Study at IES
- European Projects