Vacancies at the Institute for European Studies
Internship : coordination of academic journal SST
Security Society and Technology (SST) is a brand new Open Access academic journal. It is a hybrid scientific/trade/policy journal that in accessible language seeks to bridge the gap and improve communication between the users, practitioners, providers and scholars of security technology and societal security. SST is a collaboration between two large-scale research projects, the EU FP7 funded SOURCE project and the Nordic Centre of Excellence, NordSTEVA.
SST is looking for an intern for 6 months who would like to gain valuable experience in all areas of running an academic journal, including coordinating the review process, copy editing and maintaining the online platform. Training will be provided, and work overseen, by experienced journal managers. The internship will start in November 2015.
- Receive submission, coordinate review process and prepare articles for publication in a timely manner
- Assist editor and editorial group
- Copy edit articles prior to publication
- Promote SST through updating webpage and actively using the journal’s social media profiles, in addition to any other journal promotion initiatives as initiated by editorial group
- Liaise with authors, reviewers, readers and editorial group as required
- Other tasks as required
What we are looking for:
- A native English speaker, or experienced copy editor of the English language
- Someone with an interest in academic publishing
- An interest for the journal’s subject matter will be an advantage
What you will get in return:
- An unique opportunity to help start an academic journal and learn about academic publication
- The opportunity to spend time at the IES for training purposes.
Send your CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com.
Potential candidates will be considered immediately upon submission and the vacancy will be closed when a suitable candidate has been found.
- Study at IES
- European Projects